Are you inspired by a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge you to find creative solutions? At Balt, we foster a culture of collaboration that drives constant innovation. Our goal is to enhance the care of patients with neurovascular disease through physician-inspired innovative solutions. Balt’s 40 year legacy of bringing first-to-market products is now in the US. We are looking for dedicated, creative and collaborative individuals to join us in building the next great neurovascular device company. If this sounds like you, please select from our open positions below.
The cost accountant will support the Global Operations Controller and US finance dept in all aspects of cost accounting, inventory oversight and analysis, cost reporting and financial support.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Preparation/assistance with COGs and inventory journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, E&O calculations, stock valuation.
- Financial oversight and assistance with annual physical counts.
- Partner with warehouse/supply chain to improve/document/measure cycle count program.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual product gross margin analysis, including variance commentary and identification of process and cost saving opportunities.
- Oversee the annual standard cost review process and cost maintenance throughout the year.
- Partner with the Operations teams to improve process flows and to facilitate cost reductions.
- Assistance with the annual budget and forecast update process, including performing related analyses and creating budget files and templates.
- Weekly/monthly variance analysis, analyze cost accounting data, cost metrics reporting.
- Assistance with design and execution of ETL into global data warehouse of cost and inventory related transactions from local ERP.
- Ensuring adherence to Company accounting and operating policies.
- Identifying and participating in process improvement activities, including enhancing current cost related financial processes and reporting and leveraging technology to increase effectiveness.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects to support the finance and operations teams as required.
- Experience with MS office products, particularly strong Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP and SOX internal control compliance.
- ERP experience (Sage X3 experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, MBA, or CPA a plus.
- At least 5 years of related progressive cost accounting experience, experience in manufacturing environment.
- Must work well in a dynamic high growth environment.
- Must be effective, efficient, and well-organized with ability to be flexible with diverse business demands.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Process excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of the organization and work well in teams.