Are you inspired by a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge you to find creative solutions? At Balt, we foster a culture of collaboration that drives constant innovation. Our goal is to enhance the care of patients with neurovascular disease through physician-inspired innovative solutions. Balt’s 40 year legacy of bringing first-to-market products is now in the US. We are looking for dedicated, creative and collaborative individuals to join us in building the next great neurovascular device company. If this sounds like you, please select from our open positions below.
Head of Global Corporate Financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
Are you a financial leader looking to take an international company to the next level while making an impact on patients’ lives? As the Head of Corporate FP&A you will advise our leadership team and as we grow through M&A, strategize to go public and become the next great neurovascular device company! As a key member of the finance organization, you will be challenged to lead as a “player/coach” with a highly entrepreneurial “roll up your sleeves” approach. In this capacity, you will flex from high-level involvement including Board involvement to hands-on operational activities.
You are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Personally, lead and oversee all aspects of the annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Conduct a detailed review of financial results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including comparisons against plan and identifying key drivers of financial results
- Prepare financial management reports/metrics and present findings and recommendations to leadership
- Implement and Manage a financial planning tool
- Prepare board materials regarding financial results and projections
- Be a valued team member bringing financial insight to operational improvement projects
- Spearhead due diligence, modeling, and integration of potential add-on investments
- Coordinate deal execution with internal and external subject matter experts
- Be actively involved in deal negotiations with sellers
- Lead and drive ongoing integration and synergies between various business units and add-ons, including the full integration of systems
The Head of FP&A will sit in the Corporate office in Boston, MA amongst the leadership team (CEO, CFO, General Counsel, etc.) while reporting to the Deputy CFO based France. You will have an international team to lead with US and international colleagues to collaborate and support.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and qualifications:
- 8+ years of progressive financial management experience in accounting, finance, and operations with demonstrated success in FP&A or an M&A role within a corporate setting
- Must have “hands-on” general management perspective and demonstrate a track record of partnering with leadership in growing the business and increasing shareholder value
- Strong financial leadership and business analysis capabilities within a high-stakes, fast-growing company. Experience with add-on acquisitions and leading the integration of acquired companies is desired
- Experience with financial systems and infrastructure; developing financial reporting and internal controls in an organic and acquisitive growth environment
- Must have deep experience with financial management systems such as Anaplan, Oracle, Workday, etc. Preference for experience implementing a system from scratch or converting to a new global system
- Must have experience in a corporate environment with preference towards depth of experience in an international public company
- Experience in the Life Science industry particularly Medical Device is strongly desired
BALT is a world leader in the design and manufacture of interventional neuroradiology devices to treat neurovascular pathologies (strokes, aneurysms, AVMs). By placing innovation at the center of its model, the company maintains its leading position in the neuroradiology field worldwide. We are growing our company worldwide with a focus on the commercialization of Balt products in the United States as well as continuing a tradition of physician inspired innovation through novel research and development.
Diverse workforces create the best culture, company, and products! We at Balt are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates the uniqueness and contributions of everyone. As an equal opportunity employer, Balt does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.