Are you inspired by a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge you to find creative solutions? At Balt, we foster a culture of collaboration that drives constant innovation. Our goal is to enhance the care of patients with neurovascular disease through physician-inspired innovative solutions. Balt’s 40 year legacy of bringing first-to-market products is now in the US. We are looking for dedicated, creative and collaborative individuals to join us in building the next great neurovascular device company. If this sounds like you, please select from our open positions below.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the production line within an assembly and ensuring maximum productivity and quality. This position will lead the production team providing supervisory duties to production leads and operators and work in close conjunction with planning, purchasing and engineering in order to meet the company’s objectives related to product supply and cost.
- Ensure safe, high quality production operations.
- Provide direction to the assembly line leads and production assemblers to maximize productivity and quality.
- Read and interpret technical documentation as needed.
- Manage the layout and capacity planning and execution of the production lines.
- Responsible for inventory control within the production environment.
- Oversee and monitor production flow on the line ensuring proper methodologies are followed/implemented to maximize quality and efficiency(Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Troubleshoot issues encountered on the production floor and work in conjunction with engineering to determine and implement changes to correct those issues and drive continuous improvement
- Maintain line cleanliness through good housekeeping practices(5S, etc.)
- Communicate with other departments such as warehouse, maintenance and QC as appropriate and necessary to improve and maintain production output based on operational targets.
- Work with development teams to plan new layouts and staffing requirements to facilitate development, design transfer and commercial ramp-up.
- Evaluate existing and new production processes for input to job safety analyses and provide input into mitigations and adjustments to improve employee safety and ergonomics.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting/approving working hours and timecards for production personnel.
- Creating and adhering to budgets for manufacturing related expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of production line flow, cost and capacity analysis
- ERP system transactions and maintenance
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Reading technical documentation including drawings, protocols/report, Quality Procedures and Manufacturing Procedures.
- Effective training of production personnel
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and 5S methodologies for operating and improving a production line.
- Ability to design and orchestrate production line layouts and changes in an ISO class 8 cleanroom environment.
- Excel spreadsheet creation and manipulation for tracking and trending key data related to production metrics.
- General ability to create and manipulate different document types in Microsoft office programs (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Vizio, etc.)
- Ability to plan and manage projects using standard project management techniques and tools including Microsoft Project.
- Minimum 5 years in a production environment with at least 3 of those being in a leadership capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years medical device experience, preferably class II or class III.
- 4 year college degree or HS degree and Associate’s degree with equivalent experience required
- Basic knowledge of general medical device manufacturing processes and equipment